13 August 2006

Ask A Troop Sunday

It's time again to open it up to questions from the viewers at home. If you have any questions that you've always wanted to ask a troop, but never knew a troop to ask, this is the time to ask ... (too many 'ask's).

Also, if you're just bursting at the seams to spew some idiocy, this is also your chance as I won't protect you from yourself. Remember, it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it. You only risk making yourself look stupid.

While I'm at it, let me put up a couple pics of The Wiz during our travels. Since we work in the commo world, he thought it would only be appropriate to get his picture taken with commo equipment.
These two dishes are at a couple places around Baghdad. They're not mine, but they serve the same purpose as the one I own.

Also, today is the Ninemonthaversary for the deployment. Last November 13th I began the trip that ended in Baghdad. I still have a little less than 4 months left, but I'm already talking with the guy who's going to replace me so it feels like it's getting closer. One thing that I really have to watch out for is letting myself think about going home. As much as I look forward to it, the emotional rollercoaster that I go on thinking about being with my family only to realize that I'm still in Baghdad is pretty rough. Looking back at the time that's already gone rather than looking forward makes it much more bearable.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Bandit! Your comment about looking back instead of forward reminds me of our first year in AIN. We were all goofy by April. Good thinking for sure. ALWAYS good to read your blog. God bless you. me

19:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quess the foremost question on my mind is, do the troops think the Iraqis will be able to get past the secular violence? I'm betting ,yes.

20:00  
Blogger The Griper said...

howdy bandit,

consiering that your thoughts are already on being with your family in four months i have a few questions in that regard. and i know that the questions may be a little premature. and i also know that you may have had these questions asked before.

1. once out do you intend on keeping this blog open for your fans?

2. your replacement, have you spoken to him or her about continuing a blog such as this to keep your fans informed about what's happening over in iraq?

3. from your saying you talk to your replacement i'll assume he is already there so, if so, how about an introduction? might even allow him to author some posts here too so that we might get to know him too, that is, if he is willing to.

have enjoyed your blog immensely. has helped keep the ol' spirit up about this whole mess.

02:58  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I can't think of a good question. But just wanted to tell you that it's been a roller coaster week back here. The primary election went well with Democrats in Georgia dumping that idiot Cynthia McKinney. And even though some folks were disappointed at Senator Lieberman was defeated in the Connecticut Democrat primary, the anti-war, anti-everything liberals are bound to lose big in November with Liberman running as an Independent.

The big news of course was the foiled plot to blow up airliners coming to the U.S. from Britain. We're all glad that we have allies like Britain, and Pakistan that we can work with to prevent such tragedies.

Hope you are doing well over there and best wishes to all our troops.

07:45  
Blogger MarksMomma said...

Solo,
Most of the troops I talk with are pretty confident that they will. Near as I can tell, your average bad guy who blows up civilians isn't an Iraqi. Al Qaeda is trying really hard to get average Iraqis to start fighting eachother, but they're more interested in peace.

Griper,
1 - Yes I do, I haven't really put much thought into how I want to develop it. I'd like to keep the focus on Iraq as my departure doesn't mean that the war is over and I'd like to help keep people aware of what's going on.
2 - I haven't, but now that you mention it I think I will. That's a good idea!
3 - He's not yet on the ground, we're talking via email. It's interesting to see the questions he has, they're the same ones I had. I remember asking them and getting little/no answer and how frusterating it was so I'm really going to try and do a good job answering his.

11:22  

Post a Comment

  

<< Home