12 August 2006

B36 News - 12 August 2006

Late Edition!

I'm baaAAaack!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, after completing my tour of the greater Baghdad area I have returned to my home-away-from-home. I spent most of today sitting on the flight line waiting for a bird that was headed towards the IZ to show up. Several mid-air mission changes cancelled several of my flights and maintenance problems cancelled two more. But in the end I was able to catch a late bird that stopped off at a couple small FOBs around Baghdad before finally dropping me off.

Let me get in a quick news jab of something major that happened while I was away:

4ID, Iraqi Style
The Iraqi Army 4th Infantry Division took control of 3, count 'em THREE, provinces last Wednesday. THREE!!! This isn't the same sort of transfer you saw in Muthanna, but it is a huge step towards that goal. THREE PROVINCES IN ONE DAY!!! This transfer is significant not only because of the vast areas that the IA 4ID is now responsible for, but because it also marks the half-way point for Iraqi Army divisions across the country for being in the lead in combat operations. Yes, you heard correctly, half of all of the divisions in the Iraqi Army are now in charge and leading combat operations. HALF!!!
Never fear, lots of news and pictures of my trip will be forthcoming, just as soon as I've shoveled myself out from underneath this mountain of email.

3 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Welcome back, Bandit!

00:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, welcome back, bandit36!

02:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bandit, welcome back, indeed! Looking forward to all your stories and pictures. Imagine you'll be needing some time to get settled back into your "home". Awfully, awfully glad that you're back "inside the wire". The best news of all is that you're really on the downhill side of your deployment. Blessings and honor and glory to the Lord for what He has done for you and your family in these last 3 (5?) years. <:)

03:38  

Post a Comment

  

<< Home