07 July 2006

Back in Baghdad

(my babe and baby seeing me off at the train station in Mannheim)

So R&R is over. I left my sweetie and son on the 5th and arrived back in Baghdad on the 7th. Leaving them was tough, but being back with my troops is nice. While I miss them I'm trying to focus on the good things like there's only about 5 months left until we all (my unit) head home. This also means that I'll be able to start posting Good News again, and I'll be able to continue work on my explanation for how we're winning, because we are!

(me on the C-130 into Baghdad)

I've decided that the best way to write up the explanation is to write it in pieces and once the pieces are finished to publish it, so don't expect to see anything immediately.

I've also got a mountain of email to work through, though it seems as though everything went well here while I was gone. While it would have stroked my ego for everything to fall apart without me, it's better that it didn't. That means that my NCOs can make it happen. Besides, it's bad for there to be single points of failure in any organization.

Well, this will be a short one, I've got to start getting caught up again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1ST!!!!!
we are here for u!!!!!


andrea/summer pj's

17:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here is a good one bandit!:)

STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,IF
U CAN'T STAND BEHIND THEM
FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT

andrea/summer pj's

19:43  
Blogger Mike H. said...

excuse me? It's nice that the backbone of the Army could make it work.

Former Ssgt. ;)

21:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Daddy.. uh...Bandit,

Nice to see M & M - that Mom and Mark!!!! Thats a sweet picture of your family. Sorry the time was up and you had to be back to the same old grind. You and your troops have our thoughts and prayers. God bless...

05:47  
Blogger Cop the Truth said...

Godspeed and safe journey!!

07:33  
Blogger Louise said...

That little guy looks like he's several weeks old already. Next time you see him he'll be walking.

08:58  

Post a Comment

  

<< Home