31 March 2006

Excuse me sir...

Just wanted to drop a quick note for something that happened today that I thought was pretty funny before I went off to bed.

I went up to the helpdesk to pick up a memo that the helpdesk supervisor had been given by one of our customers who was requesting some special service and as I was trying to gain access to the backroom I was stopped by the guy who was sitting behind the desk.

"Excuse me, can I help you?"

"Oh, no thanks, I'm just looking for [the helpdesk supervisor]," I say as I continue along my merry way to the back part of the room.

"I don't think she just lets people go back there."

(I should point out that this guy is a new addition to the team and was doing a marvellous job of keeping nosey people he didn't know out of his boss's hair.)

At hearing this I started to explain that I was the helpdesk supervisor's supervisor, but one of the other guys in the room who I'm familiar with beat me too it.

"He's her supervisor, it's ok," this guy says.

I smiled, extended my hand to shake his and introduced myself. I then walked back to see his boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

  

<< Home