11 May 2006

Trendy Searches

I was hit the Google website today to search something and noticed that they were advertising a new service. So far I've been very impressed with Google, it seems they're able to create solutions to problems and questions I didn't know I had, so I figured I'd check out Google Trends. I had no idea what it was, it was just something new from Google.

When the page loaded I was presented with an interface that was very similar to the regular Google search website and didn't really give an indication for what this part of the Google universe did that made it special. After entering "Baghdad" as a generic search term to see what resulted I was suprised to see a graph and no links to websites that had anything to do with Baghdad. It was then that I realized that I was looking at data representing how often "Baghdad" was Googled.

After grasping what it was that Google Trends did I figured I should really test it out. I though, "What is the one thing that would probably top the list for most searches?" I decided that "sex" would be an interesting word to research. The results were shocking!

Link to Google Trends search for "sex"

What's so shocking isn't how often the word is searched, it's who's doing the searching. Have a look at the link and draw your own conclusions about which regions, cities, and language groups do the most searching for "sex".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

09:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny....go figure.

02:08  

Post a Comment

  

<< Home