24 April 2006

The Great Tooth-scapade

It's day 4 of snaggle-tooth watch and I havene yet to get past the desk at the dental clinic. After my first failed attempt on Sunday, I went back the second day and made it all the way to the dental clinic door before they stopped me and said, "Unless it's an emergency, like there's so much pain that you can't sleep at night, then we can't see any more patients." I couldn't lie and say that I was in a lot of pain, but I didn't want to just pack it in and go home so I grinned and pointed at what's left of my tooth to see if I could garner some sympathy from the nurse. She grimaced and just sort of half-way shrugged. Seeing that my boo-boo didn't warrant an emergency I turned around and headed back out the door.

In talking with other people who've had dental work done at the hospital here, I'm not too encouraged that they'll be able to do anything for me. If I do have to be sent somewhere else to get this thing fixed I think I'll just hold tight until my R&R and have it worked on when I get back. Aside from looking like a goof, it really doesn't bother me. I can still eat just fine with it, better in some respects. The shorter part is much sharper than a normal tooth so I can cut through my food much easier now and the longer piece acts like a post holding the food in place while the other part cuts it.

In any case, I'm still vertical and consuming oxygen so it must be a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

  

<< Home